Friday, March 14, 2014

East Harlem explosion registers



East Harlem explosion registers on earthquake seismograph
According to the Columbia’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, the explosion registered a magnitude .5 and matches 9/11 WTC 7 earthquake.

Read more: http://pix11.com/2014/03/12/east-harlem-explosion-registers-on-earthquake-seismograph

Matches 9/11 blast WTC 7 Blast

Earle, Paul USGS Jun 18 to me

Good morning Dan,

As I mentioned in my last e-mail, I have not done any work on the 9/11 explosions. Retrieving and analyzing these data would take considerable time and has been done by another researcher (Kim). I do not plan to follow up on this. A large archive of seismic data can be found here: http://www.iris.edu/dms/nodes/dmc/data/types/waveform-data/ perhaps the data you are looking for is there. I'm sorry I do not have time to explain how to analyses and process these data.

Given the small coupling of seismic waves into the ground from non-buried surface exposions, I do not think any more useful information can be extracted from them.

No comments:

Search