Tuesday, October 27, 2015

tail end of the plane Witnesses






Audio File "Plane sticking out of the building" at 1:30
Carol Pauker 2001 http://memory.loc.gov/service/afc/afc2001015/sr/sr316a01.mp3

Carol Pauker 2001 also repeated this statement 1. Women at Ground Zero
2. 
Surviving the Shadows


 Sue Keane, a Port Authority police officer: Port Authority police officer Sue Keane, written memo, March 4, 2002. New Jersey Fire Police Officer Sue Keane: "[I]t sounded like bombs going off [in the South Tower]. That's when the explosions happened.

Port Authority cop recalls chaos, fear "She could see the plane protruding from the building. " 
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/local_news/port-authority-cop-recalls-chaos-fear/article_754f5222-e160-5f8f-a233-eaba7971ba3b.html


JUDY CULBRETH 

Editorial Director, Mobile Bay Magazine
"On September 11, 2001, I was working at Scholastic, Inc., on Broadway and Prince Street. That morning I was on the treadmill in the company’s basement gym. The local news interrupted the “Today” show to report that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I thought it might be a commuter plane, so I went to the top floor to see. I was stunned at the size of the plane protruding from the building and the black smoke. Helicopters hovering next to it looked like toys. All I could think about were the innocent people who had simply been having coffee and a bagel. A security guard watched the surreal scene with me. Then, it became more unbelievable. Another plane, in the slowest of motion, plowed into the second building. The guard and I sobbed as we saw the fire.
http://www.mobilebaymag.com/Mobile-Bay/September-2011/Mobile-Remembers/

Terry Norton, 57, local council worker, Nantucket, Massachusetts, US

I felt the shockwave. The next moment I was running towards the Pentagon. I don't know why. Part of me couldn't believe it had actually happened. I could see the tail of the plane sticking out from the building covered in flames, and I knew all the people on board were dead.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-14829760


oral histories 7060 pages.pdf

WORLD TRADE CENTER TASK FORCE INTERVIEW

EMT ADOLPH SMITH

Interview Date: October 12, 2001

"MR. ECCLESTON: This interview is being

concluded at 10:35 hours. Mr. Smith is

unable to continue with this interview."

" I'm the only one on this

bridge. I'm walking across it, and then I just

remember feeling a rumble and hearing this

rumbling sound that was really intense. It

actually shook my bones"

 "I thought now the facade or

something from number one was coming down,

feeling that this rumble was going on.

So I ran. I started to run across the

pedestrian bridge, and I got about halfway there

when a lot of major debris was hitting the

ground, really hitting the ground.

You can feel

it  --  it shook your bones, the things hitting the

ground, the rumbling. It was extremely loud."

"I bent over to pick up the hose, and I

hear what sounded like firecrackers and a low

rumble."

"I heard the sound of a jet plane. I

looked up and saw it pretty close and I was like holy

shit. What's going on with the with the flight

patterns. All of a sudden, the wings turned and it

dove right into the building and it was screwed up."

"
Shortly after that, sure enough, I heard -- I

don't know even -- I guess a rumbling sound. I looked

up and I see the whole 70th floor basically like buckle

out and start crumbling down the outside of the

building."
AuthorPeters, Gretchen.

TitleSeeds of terror : how heroin is bankrolling the Taliban and al Qaeda / Gretchen Peters.

ImprintNew York : St. Martin's Press : Thomas Dunne Books, c2009.
Descriptionxvii, 300 p., [16] p. of plates : map, ports., col. photos., facisms. ; 25 cm.
Edition1st ed.

Copies

LOCATIONCALL NUMBERVOLLAST CHECKINBARCODESTATUS
 SI-Upper Level 958.1047 PETE Nearby on shelf08-03-09 30661911207606 AVAILABLE
 SK-Upper Level 958.1047 PETE11-17-14 30662910961912 AVAILABLE
 SM-Upper Level 958.1047 PETE07-30-10 30660911815897 AVAILABLE
BIBLIOGRAPHYIncludes bibliographical references (p. 239-283) and index.
SubjectTaliban.
Drug traffic -- Afghanistan.
Heroin industry -- Afghanistan.
Other titleHow heroin is bankrolling the taliban and al qaeda
ISBN0312379277
9780312379278


No comments:

Search